We’ve been monitoring rapidly changing conditions and new information about the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). Following recent recommendations from public health officials and guidelines established by UW–Madison leadership, we have decided to cancel all alumni events through April 30, 2020. We apologize for any inconvenience caused by this cancellation, and we appreciate your continued support of UW–Madison.
Ideas into Impact: How the UW Is Changing the World
Join fellow UW alumni and friends to discover how your world-class university is leading the way for our changing times. Meet UW experts, connect with other Badgers, and hear a campus update from Charles Hoslet JD’89, the UW’s vice chancellor for university relations. Plus, help us honor Forward under 40 Award recipient Erin Banco ’11.
The evening’s speakers will include:
- Kathleen Glass PhD’02 — associate director of the Food Research Institute at UW–Madison and the 2017 National Cheese Institute Laureate
- Young Mie Kim — professor of journalism and mass communication at UW–Madison and a key expert on stealth media groups influencing American elections
- David Noyce — an award-winning engineer and director of the Traffic Operations and Safety (TOPS) Laboratory, exploring creative new ways to save lives on the road
Alumni of Color Reception
This is an opportunity for alumni of color to connect in a smaller, more casual gathering before the main UW Now program begins. Join us anytime from 4 to 6:15 for complimentary cocktails, hors d’oeuvres, and socializing. Plus, meet special guest Emilie Hofacker ’04, MS’06, MS’13, director of the UW–Madison Posse program.
If you have any questions about the event, please email Selvi Bunce at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 608-308-5228.
- 4 p.m. Alumni of color reception
- 6 p.m. UW Now check-in begins
- 6:30 p.m. Program featuring a campus update and faculty lightning talks
- 7:40 p.m. Strolling Supper
- 9:30 p.m. Event Concludes
Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center
1300 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Register by March 24.
$40 per person
$25 for young alumni
$15 for students