The UW Now: Ideas That Are Changing Our World
Three world-changing professors are coming to Washington, DC:
- Faisal Abdu’ Allah — A professor of printmaking whose groundbreaking work is tackling some of today’s toughest topics
- Jon Eckhardt — A professor on a mission to reveal the power of entrepreneurship and bring new businesses to life
- Jeannette Roberts — A revered campus leader who is bringing together the UW’s health-related programs
Be there for Chancellor Rebecca Blank’s remarks and lightning talks by the professors. Hear these experts answer your questions in a discussion moderated by vice provost and chief diversity officer Patrick Sims. Then help to honor local Badgers, including Badger of the Year Award recipient Frederick Isasi ’94 and Forward under 40 Award recipient Manu Raju ’02. Following that, join fellow alumni, campus leaders, and Chancellor Blank for a strolling supper filled with Badger pride.
- 5:30 p.m. Check-in and welcome reception
- 6:30 p.m. Program
- 7:45 p.m. Strolling supper featuring stationed and passed food items and cocktails
- 9 p.m. Event concludes
The cost of $50 per person ($30 per person for young alumni or $15 for current UW-Madison students) includes cocktails and a strolling supper.
Please register by April 12.
Columbus Club – Palm Court
50 Massachusetts Avenue NE
Washington, DC 20002
This event is made possible in part through generous support from our All Ways Forward campaign cochairs Ted and Mary Kellner and John and Anne Oros.
Questions? Contact Kelsey Dodson at 608-308-5249 or use the form below.
- March 8: Phoenix
- March 12: Coachella Valley
- March 19: Atlanta
- April 16: Washington, DC
- April 26: San Francisco
- May 22: Chicago
- May 30: Milwaukee
- June 13: Denver