We’ve been monitoring rapidly changing conditions and new information about the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). Following recent recommendations from public health officials and guidelines established by UW–Madison leadership, we have decided to cancel all alumni events through April 30, 2020. We apologize for any inconvenience caused by this cancellation, and we appreciate your continued support of UW–Madison.
Ideas into Impact:
How the UW Is Changing the World
The work being done at UW–Madison right now is transforming the future of our world. And as a Badger, you’re part of it.
Join fellow UW alumni and friends to discover how your world-class university is leading the way for our changing times. Meet UW experts, connect with other Badgers, and hear a campus update from Steve Ackerman, associate vice chancellor for research and graduate education. Plus, help us honor your local Badger of the Year.
The evening’s speakers will include:
- Olufunmilola Abraham MS’11, PhD’13 — a nationally recognized authority on electronic prescribing and creator of a video game that may help combat the opioid crisis
- Barry Burden — director of the Elections Research Center, dedicated to understanding aspects of election administration and voter participation
- Amber Epp — a consumer behavior expert from the Wisconsin School of Business who explores what products, brands, and services mean to families
Alumni of Color Reception
Start your evening by connecting with local Badgers in a smaller, more casual gathering before the main UW Now program begins. Join us anytime from 4 to 6:15 p.m. for complimentary cocktails, hors d’oeuvres, and socializing.
If you have any questions about the event, please email Selvi Bunce at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 608-308-5228.
- 4 p.m. Alumni of color reception
- 6 p.m. UW Now check-in begins
- 6:30 p.m. Program featuring a campus update and faculty lightning talks
- 7:40 p.m. Strolling supper
- 9:30 p.m. Event concludes
The Grand 1858 at Minneapolis Event Centers
212 2nd Street SE
Register by April 16.
Cost: $40 per person
Cost: $25 for young alumni