We’ve been monitoring rapidly changing conditions and new information about the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). Following recent recommendations from public health officials and guidelines established by UW–Madison leadership, we have decided to cancel all alumni events through April 30, 2020. We apologize for any inconvenience caused by this cancellation, and we appreciate your continued support of UW–Madison.
Ideas into Impact:
How the UW Is Changing the World
The work being done at UW–Madison right now is transforming the future of our world. And as a Badger, you’re part of it.
Join fellow UW alumni and friends to discover how your world-class university is leading the way for our changing times. Meet UW experts, connect with other Badgers, and hear a campus update from Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association CEO Mike Knetter. Plus, help us honor your local Badger of the Year.
The evening’s speakers will include:
- Kate Corby — chair of the dance department and a world-renowned choreographer whose work tackles social issues head on
- Mark Eppli ’83, MS’84, PhD’91 — a real estate expert from the Wisconsin School of Business with important insights on how to invest for retirement
- Ken Mayer — an award-winning political scientist with his finger on the pulse of American government, campaign finance, and election administration
Alumni of Color Reception
This is an opportunity for Badgers to connect in a smaller, more casual gathering before the main UW Now program begins. Join us anytime from 4 to 6:15 p.m. for complimentary cocktails, hors d’oeuvres, and socializing. Plus, meet special guest Emilie A. Hofacker ’04, MS’06, MS’13, director of the UW–Madison Posse program and Sherri A. Charleston JD’12, Assistant Vice Provost for Diversity and Inclusion.
If you have any questions about the event, please email Selvi Bunce at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 608-308-5228.
- 4 p.m. Alumni of color reception
- 6 p.m. UW Now check-in begins
- 6:30 p.m. Program featuring a campus update and faculty lightning talks
- 7:40 p.m. Strolling Supper
- 9:30 p.m. Event Concludes
Midtown Loft and Terrace
267 5th Avenue
New York, NY
Register by March 31.
Cost: $40 per person
Cost: $25 for young alumni
The University of Wisconsin–Madison and the Wisconsin Alumni Association are closely monitoring the coronavirus outbreak. If it becomes necessary to postpone or cancel this event due to public health concerns, we will be in touch via email with any announcements, and information also will be shared on this webpage.